Good questions. To try and answer them...

1) Type 30 memory usage - not virtual.

2) I used to not see MSTJCL00 show up as a significant memory item
compared to, say, System Logger. Now I see it sometimes over 1GB.

3) I don't know what these 2 customers have done but I vaguely recall the
original one's situation as fairly pervasive across their estate.

At this stage I'm not, except for perhaps in the original customer's case,
calling it in as a problem.

I'm more interested in a conclusion like "all common large memory objects'
memory usage are recorded in the MSTJCL00 address space number". Or
whatever the truth turns out to be.

Thanks, Martin

Martin Packer,
zChampion, Principal Systems Investigator,
Worldwide Banking Center of Excellence, IBM

+44-7802-245-584

email: martin_pac...@uk.ibm.com

Twitter / Facebook IDs: MartinPacker
Blog: