On 9/20/2013 2:05 AM, Mike Schwab wrote:
One suggestion I would like to make.  When a dataset is deleted, a
very tiny EOF record is written to each track.  Just enough so the
actual dasd unit erases all records on that track.  If we were still
using real 3390s, I would suggest a track full of EOF records.  And
not an intensive rewrite of the track like ICKDSF TRKRMT or the
current VSAM ERASE would do.

If you specify "erase on scratch" in RACF it will erase each track
when the dataset is deleted. I assume there is equivalent support in
the other security products.

You don't need to write a track full of EOF's, if you issue a
write count key and data command it will erase the rest of the
track anyway, or you can just use the erase command.

--
Richard