The truncation occurred in the sftp transmission step(s).  I was able to get
the zip part of Infozip to work, but not the unzip.  Would you be willing to
share you Infozip zip/unzip programs?

--- manfred.l...@googlemail.com wrote:

From:         Manfred Lotz <manfred.l...@googlemail.com>
To:           IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Old Info-zip program
Date:         Thu, 26 Sep 2013 07:37:24 -0500

< I know the Info-zip program is very old, year 2000, but I need a FREE
compression program that checks the consistency of the
compressed file when it is uncompressed.

info-zip works fine on one of our systems (z/OS 1.13 USS).

There is another possibility to zip a file. You could use jar, the Java archive
tool. A JAR file is just a zip file.

< I was using TRSMAIN, but I found out the hard way that a tersed file can be
truncated and TRSMAIN doesn't issue an error message.

Ooops. This I would classify as a bug. Did you open a PMR?

--
Manfred

Netscape.  Just the Net You Need.