The only "problem" with the CBTTAPE is that it is really only for _free_
($0.00 cost), "open source" type software. I am not really aware of any of
the contributions which are "binary executables and support files" only. I
don't know of a way to have something like the Apple, Google, or Amazon
"app" store where you actually pay real money and receive an executable.

I am not sure, but it appears that David is looking at something where some
of us "in the field" could write something very useful. And then publish it
via the "z/OS app store" in order to make some money. It would be an
interesting way to encourage the individual practitioner to transition into
being a small ISV. Of course, one problem with this is "where the
individual is doing the development?" question. If they are doing it on
their employer's machine, then the employer likely has some rights to the
software. Most of the Apple/Android apps are developed on a person's own
PC, and so there is not really any question about who "owns" it. Since IBM
does _not_ supply a free/low cost way to have your own z machine with
software, this is not likely to catch on. As much as I like it. Might be
interesting if IBM had a z/OS system that they maintained on which an
individual could afford to have their own account, like in the old days of
"time sharing". Of course, IBM (on the z at least) has little or no
interest in any "product" which does not have a high "markup". So I doubt
this is going to happen.

On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 6:59 AM, גדי בן אבי <gad...@malam.com> wrote:

> We use a few products that are freeware like XMITIP or the free version of
> Service Pilot NBA (formerly TDSLINK).
> There a few others.
>
> The CBTTAPE site is a great source for these types of products.
>
> I'm not sure we need something else.
>
> Gadi

I have _not_ lost my mind! It is backed up on a flash drive somewhere.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown