It's better than that: If there is no zIIP (or zAAP) the work runs just
fine on a GCP. And RMF reports this as zIIP-eligible (or zAAP-eligible)
and it comes out of the GCP headline numbers.

I think there's at least one vendor that does check for a specialty engine
and explicitly takes advantage of it if present - but they'll have to
speak for themselves. I seem to recall their logic was that setting up for
a zIIP isn't free so it's worth not trying if it's going to end up on a
GCP.

(And thanks to Tim for reinforcing my point.)

Cheers, Martin

Martin Packer,
zChampion, Principal Systems Investigator,
Worldwide Banking Center of Excellence, IBM

+44-7802-245-584

email: martin_pac...@uk.ibm.com

Twitter / Facebook IDs: MartinPacker
Blog: