>I suspect that every product that exploits zIIPs already does this.
>Vendors cannot count on zIIPs being installed at customer locations.
>If no zIIPs are available, the work must run in TCB mode.  Vendor
>products can't just terminate if zIIPs aren't available.
></end extract>

I suspect the opposite, since it is not true that "if no zIIPs are
available, the work must run in TCB mode". Bob must have been thinking of
something else.

Thus you are talking about the products having additional code paths to do
things in two different ways, when one way will "work".
If there is sufficient performance justification for having that
additional code, then they likely do have it.

Peter Relson
z/OS Core Technology Design