zAAP's are indeed used by Java code running on a TCB.  However, to my
knowledge, it does not follow that:  "With zAAP on zIIP, they must be using
SRB's."  IBM determines the rules in this regard.

To me (as both an ISV and System z developer), IBM allowing more code to run on
specialty engines is a VERY good thing.  It continues the controlled reduction
in the cost of System z ownership.  As a side benefit, it has also promoted
innovation within the ISV community.  For example, by zIIP enabling our
integration products, some of our customers were able to deploy very cost
effective solutions that would not have been possible otherwise.  This has
allowed them to expand their System z workload.

I don't think customers mind using (and paying for) high-value MIPS for
high-value apps. However, everything else (e.g., integration and "plumbing")
should be run on specialty engines (within the bounds of IBM's rules).

Russ