On 29 December 2013 09:31, Paul Gilmartin <paulgboul...@aim.com> wrote:
>>Now since IBM has killed off Softcopy Reader and friends, maybe they'd
>>like to release the core Bookie code as open source, as they did for
>>APL\360 and OORexx. Heh...
>>
> So that we could run it on Hercules?  Or, is it (even worse) PL/S?

I imagine it's written in C, since it runs on Windows and Linux on
i86, and z/OS and z/VM on zArch. I suppose they could've implemented
it multiple times; it's old enough that that wasn't as silly as it
sounds now. I'm sure a quick look at the binaries would yield the
secret to a knowledgeable person.

Regardless, no need for Hercules or any other emulator.

Tony H.