From:   Mauri Kanter <itzuv...@013.net.il>
To:     IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu
Date:   20/01/2014 16:27
Subject:        Re: Dataspace versus common area above the bar
Sent by:        IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu>

Hi John:

My advise is to benchmark ... And it might be different on different
machines. So if 64-bit runs better in your current machine, don't through
away your old AR code, because it might be useful in your DR site or a new
machine.

My advise is to benchmark because I found myself more than once with the
wrong assumption.

If you choose to benchmark, try to keep your benchmark as close as
possible to the real workload ... Toy systems behave different than real
ones.

Mauri.

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.