On Thu, 23 Jan 2014 00:18:09 -0600, Paul Gilmartin <paulgboul...@aim.com> wrote:

>    Now after some reading and testing, I've found a way to get TSO/E
>    to keep my natively connected session active when I need to shutdown
>    my laptop which involves issuing 2 VTAM commands as follows (which
>    can easily be done in a REXX exec).
>
>        D NET,TSOUSER,ID=iiiiiii
>        V NET,TERM,LU1=lllll,TYPE=UNCOND

Not sure this is exactly what it does, but I have installed the late Gilbert St
Flour's excellent IKJEFLN2 exit that works some magic whenever I loose my TCP
connection and try to reconnect. Since then, I never had to bother any more
with trying to get some commands into the system I just lost my connection to...

Have a look at
http://gsf-soft.com/Products/IKJEFLN2.html

And thanks again, Gilbert S.

Jantje.