From:   John McKown <john.archie.mck...@gmail.com>
To:     IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU,
Date:   01/23/2014 05:27 AM
Subject:        Re: TSO/E Reconnect
Sent by:        IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>

<paulgboul...@aim.com>
> wrote:
>
> >    Now after some reading and testing, I've found a way to get TSO/E
> >    to keep my natively connected session active when I need to
shutdown
> >    my laptop which involves issuing 2 VTAM commands as follows (which
> >    can easily be done in a REXX exec).
> >
> >        D NET,TSOUSER,ID=iiiiiii
> >        V NET,TERM,LU1=lllll,TYPE=UNCOND
> >

> Not sure this is exactly what it does, but I have installed the late
> Gilbert St Flour's excellent IKJEFLN2 exit that works some magic
whenever I
> loose my TCP connection and try to reconnect. Since then, I never had to
> bother any more with trying to get some commands into the system I just
> lost my connection to...
>
> Have a look at
> http://gsf-soft.com/Products/IKJEFLN2.html
>
> And thanks again, Gilbert S.

Gilbert is sorely missed and the above is excellent. But in z/OS 1.12 and
above it is no longer needed. In the active IKJTSOxx member of PARMLIB,
you
can put in the new section like:

LOGON +
   LOGONHERE(ON)

ref:
http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/IEA2E2B0/61.5
<quote>
*LOGON* Specifies the system settings for the TSO/E LOGON command:

 *LOGONHERE(*ON*|OFF)*Specifies whether the RECONNECT option on the TSO/E
LOGON panel will be honored even when the system does not detect a
disconnected state and the user appears to be logged on. This allows users
to reconnect their session from a new terminal without canceling their
previous session first, similar to how the LOGONHERE option works under
z/VM.

*Default:* ON

 *PASSPHRASE(ON|*OFF*)*Specifies whether the TSO/E logon panel allows
users
to enter up to 100 characters in the password field. If eight characters
or
less are entered, the input is treated as a password. If more than eight
characters are entered, the input is treated as a passphrase. For more
information about activating passphrase support, see
z/OS<
http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/DOCNUM/SA22-7783/CCONTENTS?

TSO/E Customization<
http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/DOCNUM/SA22-7783/CCONTENTS?
>.

*Default:* OFF

 *VERIFYAPPL(ON|*OFF*)*Specifies whether TSO/E determines an APPLID for
the
system the user is logging onto and passes that APPLID to RACF for
verification during TSO/E logon. This option can be used to limit access
different systems that share the same RACF database. For information about
setting up APPLIDs in RACF and implementing APPLID verification, see z/OS
TSO/E<
http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/DOCNUM/SA22-7783/CCONTENTS?

Customization<
http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/DOCNUM/SA22-7783/CCONTENTS?