On Tue, 11 Feb 2014 17:50:53 -0600 Jim Thomas <j...@thethomasresidence.us>
wrote:

:>Given the below ...

:>         BAKR  R0,R0
:>         MSTA  R0
:>         MSTA  R12

Why twice?

:>         MODESET MODE=SUP,
:>               KEY=ZERO
:>         L     R11,PSAAOLD-PSA
:>         SETLOCK OBTAIN,
:>               ASCB=(11),
:>               TYPE=CML,
:>               MODE=UNCOND

Why not directly take the local lock rather than this convoluted form?

Also, without REGS=, R11-R13 are changed.

:>         XR    R4,R4
:>         L     R7,PSAAOLD-PSA
:>         STORAGE OBTAIN,
:>               LENGTH=LCLDSCTL,
:>               SP=244,
:>               LOC=(31,31),
:>               CAUB=CURRENT,
:>               OWNER=HOME,
:>               LINKAGE=BRANCH
:>         LR    R11,R1
:>         LR    R0,R1
:>         XR    R14,R14
:>         XR    R15,R15
:>         L     R1,=AL4(WORKAREA)

Is workarea the same length (or shorter) than LCLDSCTL?

:>         MVCL  R0,R14

:>Everything up to the STORAGE OBTAIN seems to work but w/trying to chain
:>backward / forward save area's (no I not really using the linkage stack),
:>I get a S0C4-4 ??... I understand the S0C4 because R1 is zeroes ... but ...
:>why ??. My LTR after the STORAGE OBTAIN does not catch a failure.

SETLOCK has altered your R13.

:>The only reason I'm trying to use the linkage stack is because this is at
:>the very start of my program.

:>The trace table shows the SSRV for the OBTAIN .. but it's obviously
:>failing...

:>Could anybody give me some direction / suggestions ??.

Which instruction is causing the 0C4? What is your base register?

http://www.dissensoftware.com