On Mon, 3 Mar 2014 16:59:53 -0600, Kirk Wolf wrote:

>Sorry Gil,  I was following list standards and throwing out information
>that didn't really answer the OP's question :-)

Thanks.  We need more adherence to standards.

>JspWiki (and all Wikis that I am aware of) are HTML / web applications.   I
>don't know of a web browser client that runs under TSO (or why that is an
>idea worth consideration :-)

Lynx (mentioned earlier).  Was a coding exercise for me (and a reaffirmation
that EBCDIC is a PITA.  Has anyone else taken up the banner?)

Lynx is Javascript-ignorant; code page restricted, and requires plugins for any
graphics or audio resources.  May be practical on other platforms; surely not
on z/OS.  It interfaces nicely (nichely?) to Braille and audio output devices.

And, it interfaces nicely to the moribund Publibz and LOOKAT.

On Mon, 3 Mar 2014 16:37:56 -0600, Joel C. Ewing wrote:

>On 03/03/2014 11:27 AM, Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.) wrote:
>>    at 01:30 PM, Miklos Szigetvari said:
>>
>>> Is it possible to access the z/OS WIKI from a mainframe application ?
>> The real question is whether there is a browser that will run under
>> TSO and render a z/OS wiki page on a 3270; simple access should not be
>> an issue.

Shmuel was simply taking a plausible, though less likely, interpretation of
the OP's question.

>I see no reason to require that there be a browser that would run under
>TSO to display the documentation on a 3270.  I can't imagine running
>z/OS these days without TCP/IP connectivity, especially since TSO 3270
>access these days usually uses a 3270 emulator on a workstation platform
>and TN3270 over TCP/IP, and if workstation browser access to a mainframe
>web server is broken, TSO access is probably dead also.  Even at our DR
>exercises LAN connectivity to laptops and desktops was always available
>early in the game.

Some of our test systems are so limited; I don't know whether for economic
or other reasons.  I have needed to move data sets to them via shared DASD
because FTP is unavailable.  Terminal access may be available via VTAM.

-- gil