Mark,
If you're involved in SHARE, a SHARE requirement is another way to go. (In
addition to an MR). IBM has been extremely responsive to SHARE requirements. If
submitted, it would get voted on and IBM would be able to get an idea of the
severity of the issue and other customers that might be having a similar issue.
If you'd like more info on SHARE requirements, there is some info at
http://www.share.org/p/cm/ld/fid=131 and you can feel free to contact me
offlist at maryanne4...@gmail.com.

MA