Do you have TSO/ISPF and SDSF?  Or CA Sysview?  Or any other tool
to use for sysprogs / operations so you can just leave Roscoe as is
with "read only" console access to those you chose to let use the
command at all?  Or you could just use CONSOLE under TSO, that
isn't much worse than the Roscoe console command.

If you are looking for something a bit more friendly, I have used
this rexx exec from a redbook:

Extended MCS Console via ISPF doc:

 This is from Appendix G. of the following Red Book:
    OS/390 MVS Multisystem Consoles
    Implementing MVS Sysplex Operations.  SG24-4626-00

 download from the internet.  either:

  http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks

      OR

 ftp  ftp.almaden.ibm.com
 user: anonymous
 password: your email address
 cd redbooks/SG244646
 get emcs.code

This is my personal setup, I don't recall if these are the names used or
recommended in the Redbook

 CLIST: CONS   (invoking clist)
 REXX:  CNDS
 ISPF COMMAND TABLE: CNDSCMDS