On Thu, 13 Mar 2014 16:33:41 +0000, Nims,Alva John (Al) wrote:

>The reason I ask is, it might be better to "TRANSMIT" (XMIT for short) the
>PDS/PDSe into a sequential file under z/OS, FTP the sequential file to your PC
>and transfer to the second system where you would use the RECEIVE command to
>restore the PDS/PDSe.

I'll second that ("Me, too").  Loadlib members simply transferred to any
non-OS/360
platform are pretty useless there, and won't reconstitute properly whan returned
to another OS/360 platform.

Reminiscent of an unfortunate experience when I, as a novice, attempted to
transfer a load module using IEBGENER.

TRSMAIN is another promising alternative.

-- gil