What I do is use DEVSERV(DS)  QD to map ranges before and after with
VALIDATE. Cut and paste into Excel for SSID map.

{QDASD},{?                                                              }

{QD   } {{[s]dddd[,1]|,VOL=volser}[,NOIO{[,UCB][,DCE][,SSSCB][,DPCT]}]  }

|[[,UCB][,DCE][,SSSCB][,DPCT]+
[,RDC][,RCD][,SNSS][.RDFEATS]]
{[s]dddd,nnn [ ,MACH={mmpp-sssss|XXXX-sssss}]                   }

|,SSID={ssid | ALL}

|,TYPE={type | ALL}

|,CHPID=chpid

{MACH={mmpp-sssss|XXXX-sssss}                                   }

{SSID={ssid | ALL}                                              }

{TYPE={type | ALL}                                              }

{VOL=volser[ ,dddd[,nnn]]                                       }

[,ONLINE][,OFFLINE][,DEFINED][,CHKFAIL][,VALIDATE][,TOTALCYL][,ATTRIBUTE]

In a message dated 3/14/2014 7:49:23 A.M. Central Daylight Time,