Hi Sharon,

We are an ISV and I am in the early stages of playing with this.  From what
I can tell, the PDSE is a requirement.  Maybe someone else will comment.  I
have compiled a couple of DB2 V10 programs that use CAF and that were
previous compiled on 4.2 using the DB2 V10 Preprocessor as well and that
part worked fine once I worked out the compiler PARM syntax for DB2.  You no
longer need to run the DB2 Preprocessor, at least for the code that I am
using, as there is a built in DB2 feature using the SQL parameter and some
SQL subparameters.  I can provide a sample if you like. The intent is to see
if this runs on any other z/OS version, I have 1.8, 1.11, 1.12 1nd 1.13
available.  I suspect maybe not but I haven't had time to get to the testing
yet because of other commitments.  The loss of support for 24-bit may also
be an issue for some.

When I get further on with this I will let you know.

Yours truly,
John T. Abell
President
International Software Products
Tel:              800-295-7608  Ext: 224
International:  1-416-593-5578  Ext: 224
Fax:              800-295-7609
International:  1-416-593-5579

E-mail:  john.ab...@intnlsoftwareproducts.com
Web: www.ispinfo.com

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use
of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, retention, distribution or
recipient (or authorized to receive on behalf of the named recipient),
please contact the sender by reply email and delete all copies of this
message. Also,email is susceptible to data corruption, interception,
tampering, unauthorized amendment and viruses. We only send and receive
emails on the basis that we are not liable for any such corruption,
interception, tampering, amendment or viruses or any consequence thereof.