You didn't say anything about reformatting data.  IEBGENER or SORT can
copy fields from one column and place in another column and fill in
constant values as needed.  Set up 2 steps, one for each member.

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/zos/v1r12/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.zos.r12.idau100%2Fu1127.htm

ONE1 GENERATE MAXFLDS=255
ONE2 RECORD FIELD=(length,input,conversion,output)
ONE3 RECORD FIELD=(80,1,,1) Copies 80 bytes as is)
ONE4 RECORD FIELD=(10,1,,1),FIELD=(10,31,,21),
         FIELD=(30,'----+----6----+----7----+----8',,51) Copies two 10
bytes field plus fill

Mike A Schwab, Springfield IL USA