It would be helpful for you to include

Level of z/OS
Complete error message
Complete control cards.

If you show us what you are doing, it will help us provide better answers.

Also, what DASD/TAPE hardware are you using?

Do you only have DFDSS?  Or is FDR or other product available to you?

Is your sandbox totally isolated from your production?  If not, are you
sharing the dasd and tape?
What SAF are you using?  RACF, TSS, ACF2?  Is this shared or separated
between Sandbox and Production?

Lizette