It sure seems like Chicago-Soft has achieved a license mechanism for
QuickRef with near-minimal inconvenience:

     On their website you specify a CPU and request a key(1).
     They send an email with a binary attachment.
     You transfer that attachment to a z/OS dataset on DASD.
     It's never taken me more than 5 minutes.

(1) Since they don't currently offer trials, they perform some contract
verification tasks before you can request the key.  But that wouldn't be
necessary for a trial.  On those occasions where their lawyers and ours
haven't seen eye-to-eye, they have still given me temporary 30 or 60 day
keys until the i's get crossed and the t's get dotted.