From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Robert McElroy
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2014 8:40 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Error 878-10

Allan, IDCAMS...

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Staller, Allan
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2014 9:38 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU

According to the message posted, the storage request was (unconditionally) for
X'007C7318' bytes of storage in SP00 above the line (via GETMAIN or STORAGE
OBTAIN).
Obviously, this was not available.

What utility are you attempting to use for the copy?

<snip>
IEA995I SYMPTOM DUMP OUTPUT  849
SYSTEM COMPLETION CODE=878  REASON CODE=00000010
 TIME=08.09.00  SEQ=10871  CPU=0040  ASID=0057
IEA705I ERROR DURING GETMAIN SYS CODE = 878-10 CHRMZCBK STEP1 STEPA 00
IEA705I 00FBF400 00AFF048 00AFF048 00005200 007C7318
 PSW AT TIME OF ERROR  070C1000   815A669E  ILC 2  INTC 0D
   NO ACTIVE MODULE FOUND
   NAME=UNKNOWN

....irrelevant information snipped

Post the IEC message describing the error. Better yet, post the job (minus the
dump, if any).

Anything without that information is just guessing

Hoping someone can help us out with this. Getting a getmain error 878-10 in a
job this is trying to do a tape-to tape copy.  In looking up the error code for
878-10 one of the issues is region size is too small. The Job is coded both on
the job card & the steps with REGION=0M...  Any direction would be appreciated..
</snip>