The evaluation version was an ISO image designed to be burned to a
DVD, inserted into the HMC, and booted from.  Hopefully you would then
use the z/VM diagnostic tools to figure out what is wrong with the
storage system.  I.E. detect what volumes are present, etc.

If you can't figure out what is wrong, and you have been running at
another site for 3 weeks, then I would delete all the volumes, take it
back to initial configuration, power down for a little while,
reconfigure the device from scratch, and reload the data from your DR
site backups, exercise it for a while, then get the system up to date
and have it take over from production.

Mike A Schwab, Springfield IL USA