You may need to contract an assembler programmer if you are not comfortable
with Assembler and system exits.

What you would want is if the ERASE command is entered, to trap it, probably
validate to see if that person is authorized and if they are not authorized,
send back a message along those lines.  Otherwise allow the command.

I am surprised IBM does not have sample exits that you could work with.

I do not remember if the panels were part of RMDS or if they were ISPF
Panels invoked by RMDS.  If they are ISPF Panels you might be able to put
something in the panel process to trap ERASE and action accordingly.

Lizette

V15.

> > This is the problem which we just recently discovered after decades:
> >
> > The RMDS administrator does set up something to determine who can browse
> which reports.  However, once you get into DISPLAY mode on a report,
theres a
> whole series of commands available - CAP, COLS, F(IND) etc.  Fairly
inoculous.
> However, there is also an ERASE command, which does not seem to have any
> restriction on it.
> >
> > This is on the report level, not the dsname level.  A user that does not
have ACF2
> authority to delete the vsam cluster corresponding to the report can still
delete the
> report by issuing ERASE. The report is no longer viewable and  When the
PURGE