From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Lizette Koehler
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 10:35 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: RMDS

So, the problem with ERASE?
Is it too many users have ERASE?  Just from a brief look at the manuals, it
looks like that normal users would just need READ.

And I am going to guess here.

Unless both the AUTHOWNR and AUTHERAS are the same for the user, they would not
have the ability to erase.

I have not used RMDS in over 15 years.  So I am really fuzzy on how it works.
And I am not sure why IBM cannot help.  I do not know it the product is off
support or not.

Has your management started discussions on moving to a better supported product?

Lizette

are.
> The description for AUTHOWNR in the manual is like the description for
> AUTHERAS
>

> AUTHOWNR | A|ALTER     | Specifies the authorization level required    |
>   |          | U|UPDATE    | for a report owner.
>

> But both UPDATE and ALTER sound pretty significant.

ERASE