On Sat, 2 Aug 2014 21:21:08 -0400, Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.) wrote:

>>What does repeat FIND do once you're at the end of the file?
>
>I just noticed this:
>
>   If you do not specify any operands, the operands you specified
>   last with FIND are used. The search for the specified string
>   begins at the line following the current line. If you issue the
>   TOP subcommand, the search for the specified string begins with
>   the second line of the data set.
>
>Second? Boo!

Slavish adherence to specifications.  Probably:

o Repeat Find makes current the next line after the current
whch contains the target.

o TOP makes the first line current.

You're already there.  Searching the current line and going
there again would be a no-op.

(I once knew a college dormitory elevator which, if one
pressed the button for the current floor and hopped out
before the door closed, became catatonic, requiring a
service call.  Similar phenomenon.)

>Too bad that TSO EDIT is functionally stabilized.

But ISPF edit behaves better.

-- gil