For edit macro's, placing the cursor at the end risks far less data than
leaving the cursor alone. Right or wrong is a matter of opinion. Leaving the
cursor at the current location will certainly teach programmers to check return
codes and not make false assumptions the first time they destroy their data
because they didn't check the return code.

Jon Perryman.