> CD SET,SDUMP=(RGN,CSA,LPA),ADD,MAXSPACE=5000M
>
> ... probably inherited from something someone did before the last
> millennium.
>
> Does anyone have any other (21st-century) recommendations for improving
> this?

I have set this:
CD SET,SDUMP=(ALLPSA,CSA,SQA,GRSQ,LPA,NUC,RGN,SUM,SWA,TRT)

In our installation there is no need to increase maxspace, the dumps I'm
interested in all fit the 500MB limit (well, except when someone initialized a
1GB data space to hex zeroes :-) ). We're a monoplex, so XESDATA is something I
son't care about, either.

Given that I cannot open z/OS problems to IBM, anyway, there would probably be
no need to even include NUC and ALLPSA.

Now what I still don't quite 'get' is how to dump everything needed above the
bar automatically. RGN does not seem to cover that, so any program experiencing
a problem would need to explicitly specify ranges of storage above the bar in
its own dump invocation. Or am I missing something?

Barbara