Thomas Berg wrote:

>Thanks for the example.

Thanks Norbert Friemel for your example showing IFTHEN and BUILD.

>Although the numeric sequence numbers were there just to clarify the
>operation, rather than be an indication of the assumed format of an actual
>case.  Do you have an example where you can’t rely on a key/sequence field and
>have to depend on the actual occurrence of the record order ?

I certainly remember that some DFSORT gurus supplied answers in the past on
IBM-MAIN where you insert key/sequence field, then do your
selection/formatting/copy and remove the key/sequence field.

Thanks for highlighting this.

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht