In <20141226151929.4ae52b84c9b55d029a0d6...@gmx.net>, on 12/26/2014
   at 03:19 PM, ibmmain <nitz-...@gmx.net> said:

>Both are input by forces outside of my control

Perhaps by management fiat, but that's not IBM's doing. Put a JOB
statement in an IEFJOBS member and IBM won't add another one.

>> I tried to describe that "jobs" are supported only if they are
>> present in either IEFJOBS or IEFPDSI of MSTJCLxx.

>That is not quite true.

Not only is it true, but it is *precisely* what you are complaining
about. Putting a JOB statement in a cataloged procedure is not and
never has been supported.

>Once the JCL already containing a JOB statement is not contained
>in MSTJCLxx (only in the JES2 proclib concatenation), the
>automatic insertion of these two lines (by whatever) causes a JCL
>error.

Without those two lines you wouldn't have a started job at all.

>Does anyone else know where this insertion of the two lines is
>explained?

Look at 7.0  Chapter 7.  Started Tasks in z/OS MVS JCL Reference,
SA22-7597.