On 3 February 2015 at 09:39, Paul Gilmartin
<0000000433f07816-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Feb 2015 21:06:47 -0500, Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.) wrote:
>> on 02/01/2015 at 12:44 PM, Charles Mills <charl...@mcn.org> said:
>>
>>>Ah. Then you need to LINK or whatever to IKJEFT01 passing a parm off
>>>R1 of 'command parameters ...'
>>
>>While tat woulf have woked with the original TMP. I'm not sure how
>>well the current TMP will work if it is not the jobstep.

Not at all well.

> "address TSO" from a Rexx EXEC spawn()ed under Unix System Services
> runs the TMP in a separate address space, perhaps more like a job step
> task; certainly more roundabout.

This is an elegant approach; the problem is that you don't know with
certainty what output comes from what command. If you are ATTACHing
commands yourself, you know where the boundaries lie.

Effectively you have to screen-scrape (line-scrape?) the output
looking for READY or whatever the subcommand prompt may be. You also
want to avoid being prompted for input, whether unavoidably as with
RECEIVE, or in the case of an error, or have an even more complex and
error prone scheme of parsing and replying to prompts.

Tony H.