On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 9:43 AM, Binyamin Dissen
<bdis...@dissensoftware.com> wrote:
> Of course, after this snippet the authorized section cannot trust the contents
> of any key8 storage.

Yes, I can see how that can be true. Of course, I don't know of a
_good_ method to ensure memory protection from a "rogue" program which
runs in the same address space as a trusted program. That's why z/OS
UNIX has the concept of a "dirty address space" and you can get some
nasty return codes. That could be considered a plus for doing things
like this using UNIX facilities to fork() a child address space to run
the untrusted program, and only sharing specific memory pages using
UNIX share memory facilities or IAZVSERV. But that then goes back to
the problem of the child needing to access DD statements in the parent
address space. There are always trade offs. Unless you are willing to
go "whole hog" and only use UNIX facilities, including UNIX files
instead of DDs.

--
If you sent twitter messages while exploring, are you on a textpedition?

Maranatha! <><
John McKown