To clarify, Exit 13 used to be required to get notification because the default
was NO. Now it's controlled by this keyword in the init deck:

NJEDEF MAILMSG=YES

Since YES is the default, unless you code MAILMSG=NO, you should be getting the
notify. This from Knowledge Center regarding HASP549:

"JES2 sends this message to the TSO user who has received a transmitted file
from another node or a spool reload procedure.

"Note: The $HASP549 message might not be received by the target user. The
following factors influence the receipt of the message:
The JES2 NJEDEF initialization statement.
$HASP549 is only received by the target user if you specified MAILMSG=Yes. For
more information about the NJEDEF MAILMSG parameter, see z/OS JES2
Initialization and Tuning Reference.

"Response bits from JES2 exit 40 are as follows:
X040RFNT
JES2 ignores the NJEDEF MAILMSG= parameter and issues the $HASP549 message.
X040RNNT
JES2 ignores the NJEDEF MAILMSG= parameter and does not issue the $HASP549
message.
For more information about Exit 40, see z/OS JES2 Installation Exits.

"The status of the target user.
If the target user is logged on to the target node, they will receive the
$HASP549 message.

"If the target user is logged off, the $HASP549 message is added to the shared
SYS1.BRODCAST or userid.BRODCAST data set."

.
.
.
J.O.Skip Robinson