On Fri, 7 Aug 2015 10:59:00 +1000, Andrew Rowley wrote:

>There can also be performance advantages from GC.

Were one to be slightly nefarious, one might suggest that if the JVM was doing
its (GC) job properly, there would be very little code left to run.
Not an intrinsic shortcoming of the language, just lame implementations foisted
on the users. Reminds me of 14 year old kids writing VB for businesses years
ago.

But back to the thread - what do you reckon containers might offer z/OS ?. No
I'm not just think of docker, but cgroups.

Shane ...