kees.verno...@klm.com (Vernooij, CP - KLM , ITOPT1) wrote:
Hello,

Some time ago we got the great enhancement that IDCAMS DELETE did not recall a
dataset anymore.
Then we got the great enhancement to easily delete large amount of datasets
with IDCAMS DELETE MASK.

However, DELETE MASK appears to recall the datasets again. Is this as intended,
and documented? Why can't we have both great enhancements together?

I forwarded your post to the developer, who was surprised, because the data sets should not be recalled by IDCAMS DELETE. He asks that you open a PMR.

--
John Eells
z/OS Technical Marketing