At 09:51 -0500 on 10/25/2015, Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.) wrote about Re: Redirect or hide IEBCOPY output when using the TSO RECE:

In <p06240405d2508dc524bc@[192.168.1.242]>, on 10/23/2015
   at 09:25 PM, "Robert A. Rosenberg" <hal9...@panix.com> said:

WAD is often a misspelling of BAD (Broken As Designed)

Yes, but it is not even close to PRS, which acknowledges that there is
a defect.

What does PRS stand for?

My WAD/BAD comment had to do with the times that I have seen a WAD status (ie: It is functioning the way it is documented to work) in cases where the way it is "supposed" to work is wrong (thus my BAD). I would be happier with a WAD status if it was not used to blow off the report but there was an acknowledgement that while it is WAD, the design would be reviewed to see if the reported problem could be fixed by updating the design.