From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Barry Merrill
Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2015 12:42 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: (External):Re: What's a "ton" of JCL? [was:RE: Straightforward way to
determine hardware architecture level?]

I think a box of 2000 IBM cards is on the order of 6 pounds, so a TON of JCL
cards would be 333 boxes, or about 666,666 card images.

But, the useful weight is zero, since we only use the holes.

Barry

Herbert W. "Barry" Merrill, PhD
President-Programmer
MXG Software
Merrill Consultants
10717 Cromwell Drive
Dallas, TX 75229-5112
ba...@mxg.com
Fax:  214 350 3694 - Still works, received as email
Tel:  214 351 1966 - Unreliable, please use email

www.mxg.com        HomePage: FAQ answers most questions
ad...@mxg.com      License Forms, Invoice, Payment, ftp information
supp...@mxg.com    Technical Issues
MXG-L FREE ListServer  http://www.mxg.com/mxg-l_listserver/