Paul:

A Bank I used to work for had "tons" of credit card (remember the days when they issued a receipt w/carbon paper and a "card" in the back ? They read them in (scanned?) I never saw that part of the operation other than they wheeled carts of cards through the computer room. I *vaguely* remember a MES for a card reader to read them. I *think* these were scanned though. .

Ed