From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Dana Mitchell
Sent: Monday, January 25, 2016 1:07 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: COBOL v5

On Mon, 25 Jan 2016 13:42:39 -0700, Paul Gilmartin <paulgboul...@aim.com> wrote:

>On 2016-01-25 13:27, Mike Schwab wrote:
>> One conversion tool in z/OS 2.2 is a facility that takes a PDS.DSN
>> and allows you to specify PDSE.DSN that is also checked for a module
>> name,
>>
>From IBM or from ISV?  Cite?

http://www-01.ibm.com/common/ssi/cgi-bin/ssialias?subtype=ca&infotype=an&supplier=897&letternum=ENUS215-267

z/OS V2.2 is designed to support a new IEFOPZxx parmlib member in which you can
specify pairs of partitioned (PDS and PDSE) data sets. In each pair, you can
specify one that is to be searched ahead of its counterpart data set when
programs are fetched. This new function is intended to allow you to insert
program libraries ahead of others in the link list, in STEPLIB and JOBLIB
concatenations, and for LLA-managed libraries without making JCL changes. A new
DISPLAY IEFOPZ command is designed to display information about existing pair
definitions, and a SET IEFOPZ command is designed to allow you to add, remove,
or change pair definitions dynamically. This is expected to be useful for
activities such as converting application program libraries from PDS to PDSE,
as is necessary for converting to COBOL V5 (5655-W32), without requiring JCL
changes. Availability of these functions is planned for December 2015 with the
PTF for APAR OA47689.