On 2016-01-25 12:28, Tom Marchant wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Jan 2016 11:41:50 -0700, Paul Gilmartin wrote:
>
>> Can COBOL v5 objects be bound into UNIX files?
>
> Yes. A program object can be stored in either a PDSE or a Unix file.

Understood.  I even believe that only Program Objects, not Load modules
can be stored in UNIX files.  The sense of my question was, does COBOL
v5 require other facilities of PDSE beyond Program Object?

I know one restriction: ALIASes are ineffective for Program Objects in
UNIX files.  However when a UNIX Program Object is bound back to a PDSE
member, the ALIASes magically reappear.

-- gil