From:   "Sankaranarayanan, Vignesh"
<vignesh.v.sankaranaraya...@marks-and-spencer.com>
To:     IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Date:   10/02/2016 11:06
Subject:        PDS member information
Sent by:        IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>

Hi folks,

I'm looking to produce a clean report of actions against a PDS.
Additionally, it would help to find if the PDS was scratched and
re-allocated etc.
I have the DAF utility but its output is unintuitive (to me).

The information is available in SMF -
42(21) for member delete
42(24) for member change/add
42(25) for member rename

The interesting fields appears to have packed fields, so before I delve
into that, is there another utility that I can make use of to produce the
reports I'm looking for.
The "action" happened a couple of weeks back and we have the SMF data to
look into.

- Vignesh
Mainframe Infrastructure

MARKSANDSPENCER.COM
________________________________
Unless otherwise stated above:
Marks and Spencer plc
Registered Office:
Waterside House
35 North Wharf Road
London
W2 1NW

Registered No. 214436 in England and Wales.

Telephone (020) 7935 4422
Facsimile (020) 7487 2670

www.marksandspencer.com

This e-mail is confidential. If you received it by mistake, please let us
know and then delete it from your system; you should not copy, disclose,
or distribute its contents to anyone nor act in reliance on this e-mail,
as this is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.