From: zMan <zedgarhoo...@gmail.com>
To: IBM-MAIN <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>
Sent: Tue, Jul 12, 2016 9:07 am
Subject: Re: IBM sold TWS (IWS) ???

For example, the Optim products were quietly sold to Unicom last year. No
sign of it on IBM, who can still sell them. So no apparent change for
users, just unhappy employees (well, maybe -- some are probably glad to be
at a company that's interested in their product).

On Sun, Jul 10, 2016 at 8:30 PM, Dana Mitchell <mitchd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The following was posted on the 'Watching IBM' Facebook group page on July
> 6:
>
> Sent to Watching IBM: "Hi and thanks for your contributions in sharing
> information about IBM across countries. Please, as usual keep me anonymous.
> Today IBM Italia announced to employee of IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler
> (formerly known as TWS) a sale of business of its product development and
> support to an indian company. 75 employees affected at the Rome Software
> lab will be transferred to another company with no choice, even if based in
> the same location (at least for now). Probably the first step to the
> dismission of the whole italian lab, founded in 1978, and according to
> Wikipedia is one of the largest software laboratory in the European Union."
>

> Dana

zMan -- "I've got a mainframe and I'm not afraid to use it"