>DFSORT can use zIIP on behalf of DB2 utilities, but not otherwise. Here's
>more information:
 >
>At this time, IBM has no plan for enabling DFSORT to exploit the system z9
>Integrated Information Processor (zIIP).  IBM realizes DFSORT remains a
>prominent component of our customers' batch workloads.  However,  the
>added controls that would need to be implemented in order to maintain our
>high standards for performance, reliability and system integrity are not
>justified in view of estimations that there is a low offload potential and
>the value to clients may be marginal.....[snip]

Interesting statement. I seem to remember that SyncSort offers an Add-On
package that allows certain SyncSort processing to be offloaded to zIIPs. The
above statement suggest that SyncSort's perfocmance is suffering from using
zIIPs (simplified and exagerated, I know).

Also "IBM Sort for DB2 for z/OS" (can't remember the exact name), is offloading
to zIIPs, if I remember correctly. This procuct is based on SyncSort code as
far as I understand.

--
Peter Hunkeler