From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Elaine Beal
Sent: Monday, September 19, 2016 10:16 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: (External):Re: IODF Dynamic Activation Reversion

Thanks for the responses.

Of course our change process will not allow saying it's never happened before
as justification for not having a reversion plan.
I always do a TEST before activations
I've debated HARD first or SOFT first but doing HARD first is really contrary
to our change procedures- that being changes should be rolled out
DEV-->QA-->PRE-PROD-->PROD so it makes more sense to me (and is somewhat
required for change management) to do SOFT until the last PROD and then do a
HARD activate.
Sometimes I hate change management!

These particular changes are two fold
1) allowing some additional LPARs to some existing OSAs
2) redefining two OSAs from  OSD to OSE

I had the two options to

1 - continue through until changes are activated on all LPARs (SOFT on all
except one HARD on the last PROD LPAR)
2 - POR

from Jesse I see a (better) 3rd option

3 - IPL back to the old IODF

If I'm understanding correctly, IPL is the only way for me to revert
immediately without impact to other systems.

Thanks,
Elaine