Easy.

There is a directive to either do DNS first or Local first.  Previous
poster LOOKUP.  Use local first if you want faster resolution for chatty
DNS apps.. like Websphere.

Convert to COMMONSEARCH to get unix, STC/TSO to resolve the same.

Rob Schramm

On Wed, Sep 21, 2016, 7:07 PM Paul Gilmartin <
0000000433f07816-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Sep 2016 19:06:08 -0500, Paul Gilmartin wrote:
> >>
> >Someone once told me how to start a ssh client to work as
> >a NAT for AT/TLS.  Tried it.  Sort of worked.  Didn't pursue
> >it because I didn't need it.  And my ssh client was on a laptop
> >not subject to enterprise security.
> >
> Oops.  Don't get your hopes up.  With some RTFM and a little recollection
> on Cygwin I tried:
>
>     510 $ ssh -N -T -L 2992:MVS:992 localhost &
>     [1] 10316
>
> Then:
>     511 $ tn3270 localhost 2992
>
> ... connected me to MVS 992.  But it does't resolve the problem because DNS
> must still be able to resolve MVS to an IP address.  But wait!  I was able
> to:
>
>     501 $ ssh -N -T -L 2992:10.xxx.yyy.zzz:992 localhost &
>
> ... supplying an IP address for MVS, and still able to connect via
> localhost 2992.
> But your TLS may be stricter.
>
> How (operator command?) on MVS can I verify the port I'm connected to?
>
> -- gil

Rob Schramm