From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Chuck Kreiter
Sent: 12 October, 2016 16:17
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: SMS Volume Status

I guess I should have clarified  a little more.  I'm looking to find volumes
that have a current status that does not match what is defined in the
storage group.  We rarely make SMS changes.  What has happened over time is
that some volumes have been DISNEW'ed to clear them or ENABLED (from DISNEW)
to allow for new allocations.  These were all done via the VARY
SMS,VOLUME(xxxxxx),DISABLE,NEW type commands.  Now, we have an ACS routine
change that is going to reset volume status back to what was defined.

If I list a volume in ISMF option 6 by selection option 5 - Volume, I can
see the mismatch but this is limited to no more than 100  volumes and I have
thousands to check:

System/Sys SMS VOL MVS Vol  SMS G
Group Name Status  Status   Status
SYS1       DISNEW  ONLINE   ENABLE

I'm really looking for this info in a batch (ideally) report.  I've looked
through Naviquest but not seen anything that reports this yet.