On Wed, 12 Oct 2016 18:52:09 -0400, George Kozakos wrote:

>z/OS does not affect the hardware TOD clock. If the leap second change is
>positive, Timer processing spins on all CPUs for the amount of the leap
>second change and CVTLSO is updated. STCK time does not change but UTC/GMT
>jumps backward due to the change in CVTLSO.

I understand that the TOD clock continues to be updated during that spin.
Are processes otherwise quiesced or may they continue to execute until they
do (e.g.) STCK?

What happens to the clock comparator and to other STIMER-queued events?
Someone may want to wait for two seconds physical time; someone else may
want to wait until two seconds after midnight.

-- gil