On Mon, 31 Oct 2016 10:37:14 -0500, Paul Gilmartin <paulgboul...@aim.com> wrote:

.
>Similarly, when Daylight Saving Time ends (next week) we "add" ond hour
>to our civil time clocks in the sense that that day will be 25 hours long
>rather than the ordinary 24, by replicating the hour [01:00,02:00).  Yet
>z/OS chooses to subtract one hour from CVTLDTO.

.
I did not mention CVTLDTO because it only affects local time, and most z/OS
major
subsystems or components, such as JES2, XCF, GRS, DB2, LOGR, CICS (current
versions), IMS (current versions) log events using UTC time, not local time.
Other major subsystems or components, such as RMF, use local time and may show
duplicate time-stamped recordings or one hour gap due to applying DST.