> the units make no sense in the context

That job used 5 MSUs.

Charles

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Tony Harminc
Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2016 12:25 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: How set CVTLSO?

On 1 November 2016 at 13:44, Giliad Wilf
<000000d50942efa9-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Nov 2016 13:03:27 -0400, Tony Harminc <t...@harminc.net> wrote:

>>I'm a little confused about what kind of units "1.4 milliseconds a day
>>per century" would be in.
>>
>>Tony H.
>>
> This means that  every 100 years, the day gets about 1.4 thousandths
> of a second longer, compared to the length of the day measured the
> moment atomic clocks became available commercially, at 1957, and since
> then, 36 leap seconds were counted.

Sure - I understand what's going on. It's just that, typically, one can "see"
the nature of the units involved in such a statement. Often enough, when some
politician or news reporter makes a statement like "Ontario exported 2.5 GW of
electricity last year", or "an electric kettle uses about 1.5 kWh", the
meaninglessness jumps right out because the units make no sense in the context.