We are contemplating a move to EMC DASD, with a GDDR LPAR at both our primary and offsite locations.

The minimum specs we were provided insist on a 2-CP solution, but when I pressed them, other than "commands took a long time", I received no valid reason why a single CP with sufficient memory would not be enough.

Does anyone have experience with GDDR LPARs, specifically the CP requirement, and be willing to share that with a fellow Sysprog?